le cupcake quotidien

le cupcake quotidien
photo Wanda Kujacz

jeudi 3 mai 2012

Pancakes


Between Pancakes and me there is a love story.. I eat my first pancake in Boston in 1996 (wow!) This “frittella” (Italian translation) is good, is fat (a little just because is fried!), is soft and you can eat many without getting bored of it! After U.S. I learned how to make my own pancakes thanks to wonderful recipe of Chef Jamie Oliver and every time is a big success!


You can eat it nature or with icing sugar and some fruits, but my favorite version is “pancake drowned in maple syrup” I love this natural sweetener, it has a wonderful taste and when I eat it I feel that is good for me! (mi mangio una frittella ma la innaffio con lo sciroppo d’acero quindi alla fine mi fa pure bene!)

Where does it come from this precious liquid?

Maple syrup is usually made from the xylem sap of maple trees. In cold climates, these trees store starch in their trunks and roots before the winter; the starch is then converted to sugar that rises in the sap in the spring. The basic ingredient in maple syrup consists primarily of sucrose and water, but we can find also organic acids, potassium, calcium, zinc, manganese and amino acids. When you buy it follow same rule of honey: don’t save money, just choose the best one!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire